Important information for parents or guardians of student’s eligible for Free and Reduced Lunch at Nowlin Elementary School.
What is the Pandemic-EBT Program?
The Pandemic-EBT (P-EBT) Program provides food benefits to families with children who were not able to get free or reduced-price school meals due to COVID. You may hear about this benefit from other schools or in the media.
Who is eligible?
Being eligible for this program will depend on what school your student attends. Eligibility for the Pandemic-EBT (P-EBT) Program can be different between schools within the same district.
What makes a school eligible for P-EBT?
A school building is eligible only if the building has had 5 school days in a row of reduced in-person hours due to COVID (closures due to staffing shortages do not count for P-EBT benefits).
What could make my child eligible for P-EBT?
1) If the school they attend is eligible for P-EBT and
2) If your student has applied and been approved for free/reduced lunch and
3) Did not receive instruction in-person for some or all the month due to COVID-19 related absence There may be months when your student’s attendance was different from what the school reported. In that case, you may be able to have your student’s benefit level reconsidered. Your request to be reconsidered must be submitted by June 30, 2022. In the month(s) below your school reported primarily in-person. Your student(s) may be P-EBT eligible If your student Did not receive instruction in-person for some or all the month due to COVID-19 related absence in the following month(s):
For more information, visit WWW.MICHIGAN.GOV/PEBT or call 1-833-905-0028.
- To be eligible, the parent must complete the form in the link above for each child. – https://www.michigan.gov/mdhhs/-/media/Project/Websites/mdhhs/Folder4/Folder36/Folder3/Folder136/Folder2/Folder236/Folder1/Folder336/MDHHS-5925.dotx?rev=ba122bd523ca410b9530e8471bb6c4a9&hash=2DD79823DBF92AEF5917033082B110B2
- The parents will need to complete the chart that lists the days that their child missed school due to Covid-19.
- In order to get the chart verified, a school official will need to sign the form OR the parent may choose to ask for attendance records and submit those with their form.